Application Deadline January 26, 2021
The purposes of the DoD Cybersecurity Scholarship Program (DoD CySP) are to recruit and retain well-qualified personnel for work in the vital cybersecurity field and to cultivate continuing capacity for cybersecurity workforce development at select institutions of higher learning (CAEs) throughout the United States. As directed by the Secretary of Defense, the DoD CIO has delegated authority and responsibility to establish scholarship and institutional grant programs to achieve these purposes, including the authority to conduct civilian employee recruitment for these purposes. This program is executed by the National Information Assurance Education and Training Program (NIETP) of the National Security Agency (NSA) on behalf of the DoD.
DoD CySP has a one-year duration. Scholarships include the following:
- Full tuition
- Book allowance
- Mandatory or general fees as determined by the institution
- Stipend to cover room and board. Stipend levels are $25,000/year for undergraduate students and $30,000/ year for graduate students.
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment at Texas A&M University
- Must have completed (or by August 2021 will have completed) at a minimum the first two years of an undergraduate degree program and be eligible to (a) begin either the third or fourth year of an undergraduate degree program; (b) begin the first or second year of a Master’s degree program; or (c) pursue doctoral studies
- Must be pursuing a course of study and/or have a declared major in one of the scientific, technical, or managerial disciplines related to cybersecurity or with a concentration in cybersecurity
- Undergraduate students must maintain 3.2/4.0 and graduate students must maintain 3.5/4.0 overall GPA. Students must also complete the program of study
- In return for scholarship assistance the student must commit to work for the DoD (job assignments will be made by the DoD), as a civilian employee for at least one calendar year for each year of scholarship assistance, after the student graduates.
- Students will also be required to serve in internship positions, if timing permits, with the DoD organizations during the time they are receiving scholarship support until they complete the course of study provided for by the scholarship. These internships will be arranged by the DoD to occur during the summer or other breaks between school terms, as appropriate to the individual’s circumstances and the institution’s calendar.
- Awardees will NOT be able to obtain any other scholarships/fellowships except for small achievement awards.
****YOU MUST USE THIS FORM FOR YOUR RESUME!! ANY APPLICATIONS WITH RESUMES NOT USING THIS FORM WILL BE CONSIDERED INCOMPLETE AND NOT CONSIDERED***
If you have any questions or issues regarding the submission of additional documents, please contact us as soon as possible to discuss.