This course provides everything you need to get your cybersecurity training and industry certification. It includes a full, asynchronous preparation course with practice labs and practice exams as well as a voucher to take the CompTIA Security+ certificate exam.
CompTIA Security+ is the first security certification IT professionals should earn. It establishes the core knowledge required in any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs. Security+ incorporates best practices in hands-on trouble-shooting to ensure security professionals have practical problem-solving skills. Cybersecurity professionals with Security+ know how to address security incidents – not just identify them. Security+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US Department of Defense to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements.
The Texas A&M Cybersecurity Center (TAMC2) has partnered with the one and only, Jason Dion, to help deliver content and keep you engaged as you achieve your learning objectives. Jason has trained over 200,000 students worldwide in his cybersecurity, information technology, and project management classes. He has a talent for making complicated concepts easy to understand, engaging, and even fun!
How this course works:
- This is a self-paced, asynchronous course, where you can come and go.
- The course includes over 200 short and easy modules with videos and notes that cover the concepts step by step.
- Short assessments at the end of each module check your knowledge.
- You will have the opportunity to practice what you learn with our practice labs in the course.
- Major objectives will be assessed at the end of the learning modules with the opportunity to practice for the CompTIA Sec+ exams just like you would when you take the test.
- Your instructor, John Romero, will facilitate, encourage, help, and ensure that you finish what you started.
Finally, once you are ready, we will issue you a voucher to take the exam from a certified CompTIA location or proctored online.
In this course, you will prepare to
- Pass the CompTIA Security+ certification exam with confidence
- Perform basic security configurations
- Understand computer security, its functions, and its components
Let the Texas A&M Cybersecurity Center help you kickstart your journey to more cybersecurity knowledge and your Security+ certification from CompTIA.