Initiated by the Texas A&M Cybersecurity Center in 2017, the Texas Cyber Range (TxCR) has become a cornerstone for cybersecurity innovation. At its core, TxCR leverages the power of XCP-ng, an open-source hypervisor renowned for its scalability, reliability, and adaptability. This
platform empowers TxCR to offer a comprehensive, large-scale interactive simulation of intricate network infrastructures, system tools, and applications in a sophisticated virtual environment. With TxCR, participants are immersed in a world that supports groundbreaking research, intensive training, and hands-on cybersecurity exercises, cementing its role as a pivotal
force for education, workforce development, and advanced cyber operations.
Harnessing the power of XCP-ng, the TxCR offers an unparalleled virtual environment that enables students and participants to connect remotely, quickly, and precisely. Hosted on the robust Texas A&M University network, the TxCR provides a scalable and adaptable platform tailored to serve the diverse needs of various organizations. From Federal to Texas-specific entities, including state agencies, TxCR stands ready to support myriad requirements—education, pioneering research, hands-on training, workforce development, or specialized cybersecurity exercises.
For more information, contact:
John M. Romero
Education, Training, Workforce Development
- Certification Labs: Tailored environments for academic training and industry-standard certifications, including CompTIA, EC-Council, and Linux.
- Competitive Platforms: An ideal hosting environment for events such as capture-the-flag competitions, fostering real-world cyber challenges.
- Hands-On Workshops: Dive deep into practice operations from digital forensics to Wi-Fi hacking—experience specialized sessions on social engineering, phishing demonstrations, and more.
- Industry-Standard Emulations: With lab simulations tailored for Cisco Academy, Juniper Academy, Palo Alto Academy, and beyond, TxCR ensures students get a feel for the tools professionals use.
- Empowering Educators: Our commitment extends to providing K12 teachers with specialized cybersecurity development training, ensuring solid foundational knowledge for future generations.
- Ethical Hacking: Comprehensive training covering both offensive and defensive cybersecurity strategies.
- Red/Blue Team Scenarios: Engage in dynamic attack-and-defend simulations, honing collaborative and strategic skills.
- Network Emulation: Replicate production environments to practice defense, identify vulnerabilities, and implement recovery techniques.