The Cyber P3 program provides scholarships for Department of Defense Reserve and National Guard soldiers, sailors, and airmen to pursue cybersecurity related degrees at Texas A&M University. These scholarships are available for full- and part-time students for academic starts in August of each year. To be eligible for the scholarship you must be in good standing in the Army National Guard, Army Reserve, Navy Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve, Air National Guard, or Air Force Reserve.
Cyber P3 scholarships have a one-year duration, with an option to continue contingent upon continued good standing in the program and receipt of additional program funds. Scholarships include the following items:
- Full tuition (full or part time)
- Mandatory or general fees as determined by the institution (optional and miscellaneous fees will not be covered)
- Book allowance
- Travel funding for one cybersecurity conference per academic year
Note: The contents of the scholarship are subject to change.
- Must be a US citizen
- Reservists and Guardsmen, who are in good standing, part of the Selected Reserve (SELRES) which include: Troop Program Unit (TPUs); Individual Mobilization Augmentee (IMA); and Active Guard Reserve (AGRs). Reservists in the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) or the Retired Reserve (RR) will be excluded from this program.
- Undergraduate scholars must maintain a 3.0 out of 4.0 grade point average or the equivalent; graduate scholars must maintain a 3.2 out of 4.0 grade point average or the equivalent
- Desire to work in a field related to cybersecurity
- Enrolled and/or accepted for enrollment in a cybersecurity related field at the graduate or undergraduate level at Texas A&M University
- Signed Commander Letter
- Signed Continuing Service Agreement SF-182
- Copy of Soldier Record Brief OR Officer Record Brief (dates of birth and social security # blacked out)